Regional Universities Network (RUN) is a network of seven universities based in regional Australia. We were established in October 2011. Our members work together to contribute to the growth of regional economies and communities. They ensure that higher education is accessible and achievable, and produce qualified professionals needed for regional development.
We engage in a range of activities to help achieve the objectives of our network:
- develop policy papers and government submissions across various policy areas relating to tertiary education, research and regional development
- liaise with ministers, members of parliament and senior government officials to provide advice on government policy
- conduct regular meetings of executive and senior staff of member universities
- promote the contributions of member universities to regional and national development
- host network forums on specific topics of interest to share policy and best practice
- undertake joint projects to advance the educational, research and management outcomes of the member universities.
The statistics below (click to enlarge) provide essential information on RUN universities, including:
We publish pocket statistics on an annual basis. These yearly statistics provide a detailed overview of RUN student enrolments, revenue, staff and research data in comparison to all Australian public universities.