Selected events and conferences of relevance to the RUN member universities are featured below. In most instances, staff of RUN member universities are entitled to a discounted registration fee.
Enhancing Student Experiences Conference, 22-23 April 2020 in Sydney
The 6th Enhancing Student Experiences Conference, organised by Criterion Conferences, will be held in Sydney on 22 and 23 April 2020. The conference will explore innovative strategies to engage and support students across their life cycle, from awareness through to graduation and alumni. The aim is that participants will take away innovative ideas to enhance communications, technologies to reduce student effort and action plans to stay competitive.
The conference is directed to senior leadership, professional and academic staff across higher education with responsibilities for student engagement and experience.
Staff of RUN member universities will receive a discount of $100 off the cost of registration. Use the code CC*RUN when booking.
For more information about the conference, visit the website or contact the Customer Care Team at email@example.com.
Call for participants in Joint RUN-CAPA Study on HDR non-completions in regional universities
RUN and the Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations (CAPA) is conducting a joint study on the factors and inequalities that influence HDR students’ non-completions in Australian regional universities, including:
- Central Queensland University
- Southern Cross University
- Federation University Australia
- University of New England
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of the Sunshine Coast
CAPA is seeking participants from the above institutions to take part in 1 hour-long interviews and/or focus groups which can be undertaken at a time and location that is convenient to you, either face-to-face, online, or by phone. In particular, CAPA is seeking:
- non-completing HDR students;
- academic supervisors; and
- professional and administrative/managerial staff in HDR-related roles.
To register your interest in participating, go to: http://www.capa.edu.au/noncompletions-eoi/
For further details on the project, go to the project website: http://www.capa.edu.au/hdr-non-completions/
To ask a question about the project, email CAPA’s Research Officer, Dr Lara McKenzie, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the higher education sector becomes more innovative, there has been a focus around renewing educational approaches to enhance quality teaching and learning. Universities are looking at how to build staff and student capacity and boost collaboration to deliver good educational and career outcomes. The Future Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference on 20-21 March 2019 in Melbourne will bring together senior representatives in teaching and learning to unpack how universities are:
- evolving and adapting to the changing learning and teaching context in higher education;
- designing for learning to enhance student outcomes and experience;
- aligning pedagogy with technology;
- innovating with online education and MOOCs.
RUN members can save $100 off the current early bird rate by booking now with CC*RUN.
For more information, visit the website or contact email@example.com.
The University Strategic Planning and Resource Management conference on the 27th & 28th March in Melbourne will bring together thought leaders in the university sector to showcase and discuss how universities can better streamline service delivery, ensure financial sustainability, boost efficiency, and balance resources with their strategic objectives to deliver on their vision.
Attend to learn how to:
- Align planning with an organisational vision to achieve strategic outcomes
- Consolidate services & optimise existing assets to maximise resources
- Leverage new business strategies to diversify & grow revenue
- Work to a lean model & boost organisational efficiency
Who will attend?
Senior university executives, directors, managers and representatives with responsibility for planning and strategy, business process imporovement, finance, operations, service delivery and organisational change.
Featured keynote speakers include:
- Professor Ian Jacobs, President & Vice-Chancellor, University of New South Wales
- Professor Todd Walker, Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of New England
- Rebecca Murray, Vice-Principal, Strategy, University of Sydney
- Stephen Dauncey, Director of Finance, Manchester University UK
- Nat McGregor, Chief Operating Officer, University of Newcastle
- Paul Holland, Director of Commercial Services, University of Melbourne
The Student Experience Transformation Summit, organised by Liquid Learning, will be held from 9-12 April 2019 at Novotel Sydney Darling Square, with the theme "Exceed Expectations". Australian and international speakers will showcase and discuss ways to effectively build a student-centric culture to deliver an exceptional experience at every stage of the student journey. The pre-summit workshop on 9 April will focus on enhancing the international student experience. The post-summit workshop on 12 April is entitled "Student experience transformation toolkit".
RUN members are offered a 10% discount on registration cost.
Attend to learn how to:
- Drive student engagement, retention and satisfaction;
- Embrace digital transformation to enhance the student experience;
- Adopt a student-centric business model to excel in an increasingly competitive environment;
- Improve career development opportunities to advance employment outcomes.
For more information visit the website.